Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Old Fart Thinking vs Modern Thinking

How many of you who are Chinese Malaysian still adhere to centuries old tradition from your ancestors from China? Chinese Malaysian are always known as "orang kiasu" and to these group of people, if you don't follow the hand down rules, you WILL subject to suffer serious consequences... Seriously?? WTF!! 

I can tell you... Most of them still strictly adhere to all the traditional thinking and rules when the Chinese from China are evolving and are now more lenient in this matter... Why does the people here follow? Why are we moving backwards??? What's wrong with you people??? All for the sake of word of mouth!!! Why care about lousy relatives who got nothing better to do than wag their tongues on how ridiculously horrifying for not obeying the elders law... 

I find it really, really disturbing and senseless... 

Honestly, I never thought that I would have to obey their ridiculous rules... I never believe anything without supporting facts and it's really annoying that the situation forces me to sacrifice what I stand ground on for the sake of TOLERATION... 

TOLERATION... Why do you exist!!!! Why do I have to obey, you may say... Simple... It always come to a single reason... Make the elders HAPPY... Let us, the YOUNGSTERS fulfill their wishes... Let them see what they wanna see before leaving... How hard can it be?? Just say YES!!! And if you are able to please the elders... You are a filial child... Awwww... Not such a bad thing, right??? WRONG!!! It's truly unfair and you can call me selfish... I don't really see the point of following ridiculous tradition... It's like gambling against a computer who knows every move you make!! 

I hate things that I'm being forced to comply... What is purpose of accepting when my heart fill with anger and injustice??? What I am experiencing is what I will face for years to come...  I just couldn't imagine what will I see in the future... Am I thinking too much?? I certainly don't think so... A girl's gotta think for herself sometimes, ya know??

Sigh... Is modern thinking really unacceptable to elders?? Why can't they evolve with time like what the real Chinese now??? Is modern thinking really a bad thing?? Why can't the local chinese be more flexible and sensible??? Why??? If I tolerate now... Will someone guarantee that there be NO MORE pressure from them??? All these questions are making me unhappy and I started to have grudges towards everything... I don't wanna hold this grudge till the day I took my last breath... 

Today, I have lost the battle to the century old tradition... I still stand by Modern Thinking and I hope if I ever have next generation, I will scrap all those bullshits from my kids... 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog