Thursday, June 06, 2013

Our Wedding Preparation

Time flies doesn't it? It has been 2.5 months since I got married.. Our marriage was planned and done within 3 months after the death of my husband's father... Yup, 3 months... Why?? It's because in Hokkien culture, it is said the closest family to the deceased, is encouraged to get married within 3 months or  the love birds will have to postpone it to 3 years as a sign of mourning to the deceased... It's a Hokkien pantang which I heatedly argued with my husband on why he has a superstitious mind... Meh... 


It was chaotic, really... Having to execute a traditional chinese wedding in such a short period of time... I was so stressed and lost appetite... I lost 2 kgs from all this stress... Every single week we have to get a few items on the wedding to-do-list done, call up friends and relatives to inform them on our wedding, guest table arrangements, pre-wedding photography, hire a Dai khum Jie, book wedding banquet restaurant, hire photographer, hire makeup artist, book hotels for my family, planned my jimuis accomodation, book air tix for my family and the list goes on... How can I not stress and lose weight???

Anyway, the biggest achievement is to be able to book a restaurant for the banquet in such a short period of time... We ARE SO LUCKY!! Usually, it requires a year in advance to book the restaurant of your choice... The place was absolutely cozy and elegant... It only holds 25 tables and it's just perfect as we only have 20 tables of guests!! Another achievement is we are able to get our pre-wedding shots done with a tight budget... No photos added and no extra gowns selected for the wedding... We got a good deal from Keep Gallery and the photos are okay... Typical pre-wedding shots... And I look like a modern Korean bride!! Love the makeup artist! 


We even manage to settle our registration of marriage within 3 months too!! It was done in Putrajaya and it was sweet and simple... Not to mention, it's cheap too... Not much people getting married in the weekends and we took our time to take pictures in the ceremony room... Only my mum and dad attended (two lovely person standing at 1st row on the left)... My sisters are away at university and I feel sad that they couldn't join us... :(


On that day, we did guo da li too... And guess what, I'm the one who prepare the items instead of my MIL... I got pity looks from the shop where I bought the items for betrothal... It seems like I'm in a position of marrying myself of!! My husband even want to do it the traditional way where there's roast pig is involved... I've tried so hard to persuade him not to do it as my parents are modern people and they don't want any dowry and betrothal gifts is a bribe in disguise to me, where they sell their daughter off by accepting lavish gifts from in laws... In laws kept asking me, how much does my parents want?? Geez... When I told them they don't want any, they asked tonnes of WHY... I personally think that I'm priceless to my mum and no dowry amount can tag me... In the end, my parents was forced to receive the dowry that my MIL prepared and told my MIL that all the money goes back to us and they didn't take a single cent... MIL had nothing to say after that... 


Well, that's pretty much an overall view of my ups and downs when we planned for the wedding... Various emotions felts within this 3 horrible months and I almost became a bridezilla... Glad that is over... Phew... I almost wanted to give up marrying... Too much old fashioned stuffs and was forced to be submissive at certain stuffs... Really thank goodness that this only happens once in a lifetime... 

Anyways, here are some of my favourite pre-wedding pics from Keep Gallery... 
Enjoy... 





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog