Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Series of Unfortunate Events

November 2008 hasn't been really friendly to me... lots of things happen this month.. Worse of all... They are all bad, really BAD... Sigh.. Let me List them down for you...

♣♣

Unfortunate Event #1

Lecturer...

I have just recently finished my 1st half of my final year... as i said before... It was the hardest and busiest semester ever... One of the reasons is a lecturer... A difficult lecturer teaching a difficult subject called Semiconductor Physics...

This lecturer was from a land far far away... Somewhere in the East... He is always in the mood of testing our memory... He purposely left out a variable in a question... When we told him that we cant calculate the answer without that darn variable, he said to us, "No, you should look carefully. You did this before. You should be able to recall. This is to test your memory.". %^$##..!!! Siao eh... he thinks that we are so "geng"... Thinking that we are able to momorize each and every variable that we come across... Siao eh... The last time he did that was in our Test #1... He asked for the 4th diagram of the slide... O.o ?? Which 4th diagram of the slide??

So, after finishing the subject's final paper... I was sooooooooooooo HAPPY... In fact, everyone was happy... Nobody ever wants to be under his teaching ever again... However, my happiness was short-lived... Why?

I was told that he's on of my external examiner for my Final Year Project... Kanasai la... He's in charged of my viva... My mood is from this...


to this...

Imagine the horror... Totally dumbstrucked... I have to see you again....????? Urgh..!


♣♣


Unfortunate Event #1

Internal HDD

I have just lost my internal HDD... All data lost... Worst of all is... My Thesis as well as my FYP presentation slide is inside... Now i have to re-do everything from scratch... Sigh... I was so so sad... it happen on the day i finished my exam... At that time, I was only a few days away from my viva... Walao... Can u imagine me panicking??? I went back to Penang the next day, trying to get help to fix it and extract the data inside... None pre-vailed... And i was stupid enough for not backing it up... All i have is plain raw data from the project...

Short-term solution was install a new HDD... Cost Rm230... Sigh... My old HDD was sent back to Acer to see if they can manage to salvage some data inside... I just got the news few days ago saying that... They are unable to save it... ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH...!!!!

  • All my important stuffs... Gone...
  • My precious pictures from July 2005 till now... Gone...
  • My precious DBSK videos... Gone...
  • My precious UniMAP miniprojects softcopies, lecture notes, tutorials, exercises... Gone...
  • My precious games... Gone...

All Gone...

Currently, i backed-up everything that i have... I save them all into 3 places...

  1. My computer
  2. My thumbdrive
  3. My external HDD

I never wanted to lose any stuff that is important to me anymore... It hurts my heart and burns a hole in my pocket... Computers.... Never rely on them too much...

♣♣

Unfortunate Event #3

FYP...

I have been busy since day#1 of the semester... Doing FYP really takes up lots of my time... It's really hard to juggle between studies and FYP...

A week ago, my lecturer summon us to him... He told us that our experimental results aren't satisfactory... So, he ask us to re-do the whole process with additional steps... Kanasai... We are currently using the one and only machine available in our school... AFM and RIE... There's only 1 for 100+ students...

Worst machine is AFM... Very user unfriendly and it took at least 15mins to finish scanning a small minute surface... And the results are not even accurate... What makes me get on my nerve is the laser of AFM tends to drift around a lot... Wasting out time to adjust it into position... Mind you, after adjusting the laser position, it takes up 5-10mins for the AFM to be available to scan a surface...

  • So, total time needed to scan a surface = 30mins...
  • How many times to read a sample?? 3 times... So, 1 sample= 3 x 30 mins = 90mins...
  • How many samples altogether?? 8 samples...

Sigh... You do the math... I have to do this everyday from 9am-6pm... Mon-Fri... Sien ar...

I'm currently awaiting for the lecturer's verdict... If he accepts the new method's result... Then, I'm free at last...!!!

If not, there goes the whole cycle again... i'm not putting any high hopes for tomorrow's meeting...

♣♣

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog